South Carolina riding: Paris Mountain State Park

The most important thing to know about Paris Mountain State park is that there is absolutely no bike riding on Saturdays. On that day is only opened for hikers. If you are planning a trip know for a fact you won't be able to ride, trust me. You can go and enjoy the rest of the 6 days because this park is definitely worth riding.

The trail I most loved about this park is it's downhill track. It was really challenging and the only trail out of my whole riding time I felt the need to get off the bike. I was basically riding with my butt behind the seat the whole way down. It was really inclined and there were rocks and drops that I would not have been able to clear going so slow. So rather than write about how i broke my collar bone, I opted to get off the bike and walk it down. Looking at the obstacles I knew I had made the right decision. There were two drops at least 2 1/2 feet high back to back with trees in the way. I am going to need to look at someone in an XC bike riding that thing down before I can get the confidence to attempt it.

Aside from the leaves on the trees changing colors and the great weather, I am looking for new experiences and riding that challenge me. I know for a fact I'll be  changing my tires.  It's a must whenever i head out to the mountains to be riding with the Wolverine tubeless. The tires I have right now the exiwolf is not tubeless and burp air in the rear. Putting the wolverines would be a weight penalty of at least 100 grams per tire but at least I am going to feel confident in the turns. When you are coming down the trails at Paris Mountain everything feels off camber. In addition, if you get wide to turn in, it gets even worse. The feeling is that you are being literally pushed out of the trail and down the mountain. 















Comments

Popular Posts