Tubeless set up and tire selection

The Specialized Swork Renegade tire in my mind is one of the best in the market. Aside from the fact that it weighs 470 grams for the 26er option, the tire takes seconds to mount. If you run a tubeless setup you will Learn to appreciate this if you ever burp a tire at the trail or you don't have a compressor at home.  It is very durable and as opposed to the Maxxis Crossmark it never get bubbles. I have used this tire for rocky trails such as Bear Creek Mountain bike park and I only got one flat. This was an excellent performance considering the actual tire was more than a year old. The only drawback is when ridding in muddy conditions. But what can you expect from a tire designed for hard packed trails. 

For this racing season I will be changing the front tire to a Specialized Fastrak. I did not have a problem with running the Renegade in the front but I believe I stand to get added performance.

Comments

Popular Posts