I still ride a 26er

I think the most incredible thing is beginning to happen. As of late I have been ogling the 2014 specialized epics mountain bikes. The only problem, they are all 29ers. It is hard to justify a bike that is going to be heavier than the one i have right now. I run Mavic wheels and the 29er Mavic SLR, and tires add substantial weight. But more importantly, I keep thinking about handling. The 26er is simply a more nimble bike. I bet here are thousands and thousands of riders just like me with the same problem.

Comments

  1. You are correct. I own a 29er hardtail. I just added a 2nd bike. I chose to go with a 26er full suspension. I think 29ers are great for XC hardtails. They even have their place on the XC full sus like the Epic, if you race. They are faster but they're not as fun. For most of us, fun is why we ride. I will also note that I tried a bunch of 650B before buying. They seem great for someone who wants a bigger wheel size but can't fit on a 29. Otherwise, I don't see a place for them...not a 26er replacement. Ask your local (and non-local) delaers to check their distributors stock of 2013 leftovers. Most of the time, the previous year is a better spec'd bike anyway...and cheaper. That is what I did to get my '13 stumpy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts